I have used Farrow & Ball’s Down Pipe in our bedroom in France (more pics on Instagram) which creates a nice, design statement statement in a room that was fairly plain to begin with, besides the French windows, and I’ve pinned heaps of bedrooms painted with dark walls on Pinterest.
However, chalkboard paint adds something that traditional paint doesn’t and that is…TEXTURES
Love it or hate it, once you’ve written a few messages and then wipe them off to write new ones, chalk adds texture and character to a wall and a room like nothing else does.
I say love or hate, because personally, I love the look and texture of chalk writing on a wall (+ it makes a really nice background to take portraits!) but I don’t like the feel of chalk on my fingers, which is a small detail and I’m adding it to “the list of things I need TO GET OVER WITH” but it’s pretty much what stopped until then.
Then, I look at these beautifully styled bedrooms, their crisp white cotton bed linen, this gorgeous oversized knit blanket and think that it would actually look really really nice to spend some time in a bedroom like this, don’t you think!?
If you need a bit of convincing, here are a few good reasons to make the jump:
- you get to create an ever changing headboard,
- you can write down inspiring words or your positive affirmations if you’re trying to do what I’m doing here ;-)
- you can pin a few pages from your favourite magazine and change the display as often as you wish
- you can write loving message to the love of your life
- It will only take you half a day to completely transform the look of your bedroom by painting one wall with black chalkboard paint
- It’s an inexpensive makeover!
SHOP THE STORY: